If you wish to commence divorce proceedings:
If you wish to commence divorce proceedings, at Martin Gaffney Solicitors, we offer a specialist divorce service from initial consultation through to the Decree Absolute being granted. This is for a competitive rate of between £600.00 and £800.00 plus VAT and Court fees. On submission of the Divorce petition at Court a fee is payable to them of £550.00. Should you require an enquiry agent to locate your husband/ wife then the fee for this is variable but a quotation will be supplied if required.
These costs only apply providing the divorce proceedings are not contested and there are no unforeseen difficulties.
Payment of the fixed fees is in two stages. The first instalment is paid following the initial meeting and the second fee is paid at pronouncement of the Decree Nisi.
If additional work is required then a quote will be supplied for additional work that may be required such as:
- the costs of the proceedings becoming defended;
- failure of your husband/ wife to cooperate with proceedings;
- any financial issues or arrangements for children.
When you come for your first meeting then please bring the following with you:
- Your marriage certificate;
- The first instalment payment;
- Two forms of identification, one of which should be a photo ID such as a passport or driving licence and another with your name and address on such as a utility bill;
- The completed Matter Instruction Form, which is posted to you prior to your initial meeting.
If you are being divorced by your husband/ wife:
In you are the Respondent in divorce proceedings, Martin Gaffney Solicitors can offer a fixed fee service of £350.00 plus VAT for acting on your behalf. However, this fee does not include any additional work that may be required. This may include financial issues or those involving children or failure of your husband/ wife to cooperate.
The fee is payable in two instalments, the first at the initial meeting and the second at the pronouncement of the Decree Nisi.
For further information please contact Adele on 0113 282 7988.